Take back your glovebox.
Stop digging through the pile of napkins and receipts...only to find your pink cards expired a while ago.
A 'Failure to Produce Insurance' ticket is STEEP and requires a trip to the Police Station within 24 hours.
IF ONLY THERE WAS A WAY TO HAVE IT IN MY POCKET ALL THE TIME?!
It's called MyProof of Insurance
and it's the best.
Brokers using MyProof of Insurance email over your slips.
STEP 1 - Hop on your phone and open up that email.
STEP 2 - "CLICK TO DOWNLOAD AUTO INSURANCE CARD"
Which looks like this:
STEP 3 - "ADD" to wallet.
Adding the Proof of Insurance to your phone's 'wallet' let's you access it without an internet connection or cellphone signal.
It works just like a boarding pass...and if you haven't been brave enough to use one of those yet, let me take this moment to FULLY ENDORSE IT. You're missing out.
Your 'Digital Wallet' comes pre-installed on i-phones, and is available for download on your devices specific app store.
AND THAT'S IT.
*You'll still need to receive new ones each year, but it's a good reminder to take a look at your renewal with your broker.
HERE'S A VIDEO THAT LETS YOU SEE IT IN ACTION.
The video mentions PRIVACY and LOCKING your phone when presenting your Pink Card. A valid point that needs addressing.
In order to feel comfortable passing your phone to someone you should activate what's called "Guided Access" on your device. It allows you to lock your screen within applications and restricts access to other parts of the device.
It's handy for this exact reason, and also to let kids handle your phone without calling someone, or buying something. At the risk of becoming a tech-blog, here's a quick glance on how to activate it i-phone and Android phones.
1. To enable screen locking, go to:
Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Guided Access and TURN ON Guided Access.
2. Go to Passcode Settings to set your passcode and enable/disable Touch ID. (Face ID for iPhone X)
3. Follow the instructions on your screen to use Guided Access and lock your screen at any time.
1. To enable screen locking, navigate to Screen Pinning (also known as Pin Windows) in your phone’s settings. Common locations across devices include:
Settings -> Security
Settings -> Personal Security
Settings -> Security & Location
Settings -> Lock Screen & Security
2. Turn on Screen Pinning/Pin Windows, and activate the option to require passcode/unlock pattern before unpinning.
3. Follow the instructions on your screen to use Screen Pinning/Pin Windows and lock your screen at any time.